Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend of wins

Well other than Warriors - but they were always going to come up short.

But anyway having sat through some absolute shockers this year the Phoenix finally delivered on their promise at the weekend, the Lions defended the Ranfurly Shield (even if it was close) and Hawthorn won the AFL... you're wondering why I care that Hawthorn won right?

Well I ended up going down to Four Kings (the redeveloped Lab Bar) to watch the the AFL Grand Final with some of the Aussies and I have to say it was a gas. There were around a hundred fans there (who knew there were Aussie Rules followers in Wgtn?) and most seemed to be wearing Geelong scarves and jerseys so I backed the underdogs - the Hawthorn Hawks, who ended up winning after a large third quarter.

While I was at Four Kings (and admittedly after a few lagers) I put my money where my mouth was and put $10 on the Phoenix to beat the number one ranked A League side Sydney FC - meaning I banked $46! We're currently planning on watching the NRL final at the Four Kings too - they have a great set up with a row of 10 or so lazy boys in front of a wall of big screen TVs, booths with private screens (70 screens in total) and a solid range of beers. I hadnt been there before but its definitely a great place to watch the footy.

No comments: