Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Let down

Before you think this is going to be about how some people are letting others down by not updating their blog for 12 days - its not.....

No im talking about this years Film Festival. Frankly the quality this year seems down on previous years - not much has grabbed my attention. Of course there was the compulsory Tristram Shandy (its starred Steve Coogan), and im probably going to see the Holocaust drama - Fateless but other than those - for the first time since Ive been in Wellington (7 years), Im just not into it.

Also the other let down of yesterday was my Yucca plant - which I had nurtured, grown to about 1m tall, and had sitting on my desk (blocking the view of my screen to people walking into my office) - the fucking messenger knocked it off my desk - bending its spine in half. Bastard. Its pretty much ruined - the gardeners will be up this morning, and i spent the day watering it etc, but prognosis isnt good. I still have my Rubber plant - but that has recently been cut down (apparently 2.5m is too tall!)and Ive had to bring in another subsititute - its some ugly leafy thing - not in the same ball park of cool as my Yucca. Gutted.

4 comments:

karen said...

i've updated it mr smarty pants

beetlebum said...

And a very good update it is

gus said...

what did you do to repremand (sp?) this "messenger"?

beetlebum said...

He's sacked

with my tender care though - and reknowned green finger - its doing much better, the gardeners still havent turned up, so ive been watering it, and while it hasnt come back completely straight - its looking healthy at least.