Sunday, August 19, 2007

Those Crafty Hutt people

Yesterday I popped over to the glorious Hutt Valley to check out Craft 2.0 at the Dowse and I was mighty impressed.

Showcasing local crafters, is a fantastic idea and its fair to say I spent some moolah. Now before I go on, these weren't crafts of the drift-wood-coat-rack-come-shoe-rack variety... no no this was much cooler.

There were loads of great stalls, but for me one stood out - Trixie Delicious and their Vandalised Vintage range. Pictured is the one I bought - theyre old school plates that they have 'vandalised' with words like Fuckface, R16, Pervert, Marnus and so on - but I couldnt go past 'Retard'.

I was thinking about putting it up in my office, but im not sure my co-workers could handle it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the best thing is when you go to look at a friends profile to see if they have updated and you find that, while yes you were once friends, you have since been "cut"! This is confirmed through a quick facebook search of their name when you see they are definitely still an active member of the facebook community... just not your community!!

Although it's happened to me, I am about to do a little 'light culling' myself.

Gus

PS - stupid blogger was blowing out hence my 'annon' post.

beetlebum said...

Not another issue to take into account! Arrggh Btw I think youre on the wrong article here?

Martha Craig said...

I bought "Fuckface" - love it.

Pleased you enjoyed the fair, we have another coming in December.

beetlebum said...

Can't wait for December!