Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Liam on Franz, Coldplay and ties

I thought these snippets were worth sharing.

A little harsh maybe, but you've got to love our Liam's slagging off of other bands. All this is from the latest Q interview with Liam.

"Franz Ferdinand? They're just Right Said Fred in a suit mate."

"What bothers me right now, OK, is that we are not the biggest band in the world anymore, U2, the Stones, even fucking Coldplay are bigger than us, but then Coldplay suck cock, don't they? I'd still rather be Liam Gallagher than fucking Bono with his fucking bible or Chris fucking Martin doing whatever the fuck it is he does."

"I like the fact that Arctic Monkeys are ordinary Northern boys and not ponces like Kaiser Chiefs or Franz fucking Ferdinand. Look at what those monkeys wear - probably takes them hours - hours to get ready to go onstage. Arctic Monkeys? I reckon it takes them 10 minutes - I respect that."

he continues
"I don't wear blazers and I don't wear ties."
Q - You do wear scarves though.
"Listen, soft lad. There's a world of difference between a scarf and a tie right? I'm nothing like those cunts."

While our Liam can be a bit of a twat, you've got to love his ranting - and pretentious wankers like Bono and Martin deserve to have the piss taken.

2 comments:

gus said...

pretentious because they try to do some good?

beetlebum said...

EXACTLY!!