Thursday, September 14, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth

Ive just got back from seeing Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth. That was easily one of the most important films I have ever seen.

Gore uses simple language to communicate such an important issue - Im completely inspired to actually do something about this.

Nuclear disarmament was our parents issue during the 70s and 80s, I cant help but think this is our issue, and we're at what Churchill called a "Period of Consequence" no longer is talking good enough we need action.

2 comments:

gus said...

Hear, hear andrew sir.
I just watched the same movie on the flight over, the only movie I watched in fact.
Brilliant movie, I feel super inspired too. what can we do?

beetlebum said...

Welcome back my Asian friend

Well the easiest thing is to replace your light bulbs with energy saver light bulbs, use energy efficient vehicles - or drive less. Use less hot water. And simply planting a tree! on average they will absorb a tonne of CO2 in their lifespan.

And the key thing - hope for a change of govt in the US! Sweden has committed to completely removing fosil fuels from their economy within 20 years - imagine that worldwide.