Sunday, March 11, 2007

By the power of Greyskull!!

What a weekend - well what a Friday and Saturday morning. As I said earlier, Hot Fuzz was having its NZ premiere in Wellington - and it was free for like 200 people who turned up at the right time.

After knocking off work at 3pm and standing in a queue for three hours (taking the piss out of the PR "guru" from Universal and discussing League of Gentlemen, Spaced etc with fellow queue-ers) - there was no holding me back baby. I'll put it out there - It fuckin ruled. Peter Jackson spoke briefly about his cameo and then introduced Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and the Director Edgar Wright, who all spoke briefly. It was great.

There isn't a lot to say about the film other than my rating - ***** (thats right the big 5!). Edgar Wright described the film during his intro as "If you ever watched Heartbeat or Miss Marple and thought there should be more shit blowing up - this is the film for you." Which basically captures the film. As funny, if not funnier than Shaun of the Dead - definitely check it out.

As for Saturday morning... the signing session... (pics below) Hell yeah - I got them to sign my 3 disc set of Spaced DVDs - I got them to sign one disc each, and Nick Frost wrote my favourite line from Hot Fuzz across the inside cover.

All in all - couldnt have kicked much more arse if we tried!



2 comments:

gus said...

that fuckin rules!

what a weekend, and what a post!

you are a lucky, lucky man.

Nice work on the signing, the quote kicks ass.

beetlebum said...

He-Man represent yo!