Saturday, April 21, 2007

Armageddon

While on comic books etc, I went along to the annual Armageddon Expo at the TSB Arena today. Naturally I bought some merchandise that I didnt necessarily "need" but hey its all good! I picked up a hard-copy version of Frank Miller's 300, and a Voltron t-shirt. Kick ass

Also while there I wasted nearly an hour listening to the Q and A session with Billy Dee Williams. Billy Dee who? you ask?? Lando Calrissian from Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi thats who. Frankly the guy's a nutter. Apparently there was life after Lando (although his IMDB file might beg to differ) Lady Sings the Blues was "very sucessful" and then there was his art, and fragrances which he spoke at length about. Yeah, he claimed he had a fragrance a few years back and is "going to work on another" his first was as popular as Liz Taylor's Obsession (sic - I think he means Passion). He was entertaining on one answer - Q. Were you annoyed that you didnt get to use a light-sabre? A. No because I had a cape! Other than that he was incredibly boring and un-interesting so much so - we were literally laughing out loud at how painful it was!

Anyway not a bad one overall and less smelly than previous years - so every cloud eh?! (normally the abundance of teenage geeks tends to create a somewhat unpleasant aroma).

No comments: