Thursday, November 01, 2007

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Last couple of days Ive been listening to Radiohead's seventh album - In Rainbows. Its a little hard to review as I have no idea what the track names are and the computer shat itself, so my burnt copy doesnt have the last two tracks.

Before youre outraged at me owning a burnt copy - this is of course the album that they released via their website for "however much you want to pay". In my case that meant nothing.... shut it, Ive spent more than enough over the years on EPs, Singles etc by Radiohead to make up for it - and frankly giving, like a buck, would be insulting. Thats my line and im sticking to it.

Anyway the album follows on nicely from Hail to the Thief. I always thought that Hail was the album that should have come out after OK Computer, before Kid A. I think that may have provided a nice link for those who felt Kid A and Amnesiac (which of course features my favourite Radiohead track - Pyramid Song) were a bridge too far.

In Rainbows, while still pushing the boundaries, is again along the lines of Hail to the Thief. Tracks 2, 5 and 6 are all outstanding and Im really loving Track 4 - toe tapping goodness! Despite missing the last couple of tracks, I think this is a fantastic album.

Like Hail to the Thief, this could bring a lot of the OK Computer crowd back to, arguably, the most important band in the last 15 years.

Download a copy here (feel free to make a donation in lieu of my download).

You can read about all the background etc etc and even see a track listing here

1 comment:

gus said...

I'm totally loving In Rainbows, and pretty much agree with everything you have said. It is a definite follow on from Amnesiac, and could alsmost be a second disc. I hadnt given Amnesiac much time till this came around, but I have seen the error with my ways. Still not into Kid A though, it's just not good.