Monday, October 29, 2007

iWant an iPad

I spotted this in the latest Urbis - Auckland architect Andre Hodgskin has developed the iPad - a flat-pack kitset bach.

They retail from NZD125 000 and are delivered to your section ready to be assembled.

You can get them in one or two bedroom or one bedroom plus guesthouse (lay out pictured).

They are made to be a bach or second home - but I wouldnt mind one as my main home! I just love the simplicity of them and their temporary nature (you can pack them up and put them on another section.... in saying 'you can' I really mean you can get people to do it!).

They remind me of that rather odd looking townhouse development down Boulcott St - the one built on stilts above a carpark. Now that is actually the site for the 20-plus-storey Willis Tower, and while the developer gets the dosh together he had those townhouses put above the carpark to optimise the space in the interim. The townhouses will be moved to a permanent home later and sold off to make way for the development.

Anyway, I need to go and find a section (and a couple of hundred grand) for an iPad.

More information on the iPad here

No comments: