Thursday, July 17, 2008

Death Cab for Easy


I had heard good things about Death Cab for Cutie, especially since the release of their latest album, Narrow Stairs - all the cool kids seem to be listening to them. So when I saw a cheap copy in Real Groovy I grabbed it.

They've been around for a while but I had never really listened to them and bought this on the basis of a 30 second glance at a You Choob clip.

I have to say I was a little underwhelmed. I hate to say it, but it wasn't nearly as challenging or alternative as I was anticipating - in fact it wasn't at all. Narrow Stairs is just a little easy.

Sure, there are some good tracks - No Sunlight, Bixby Canyon Bridge and Grapevine Fires for example - but then there are other yawn inducing songs like Talking Bird which reminded me of fucking Coldplay.

So on the whole, I just found it a little bland - but if you're fan of easy listening dirge like Chris Martin, you may well find this 'edgy'.

No comments: