Tuesday, February 24, 2009

That's Genius

Well week one of the 8 week 10,000 step challenge is done and my total was 108,416 which, given our 12 person team totalled 970,000, I think is pretty damn good.

But anyway, I thought I would give the genius feature on iTunes a whirl to fill my little iPod Shuffle (yes it was totally necessary to buy one... and some cool Nike headphones) and I have to say its pretty cool. To test it I used Tender by Blur and it pulled together a list including the Doves, Ocean Colour Scene, Ash, Flaming Lips, Wilco, Badly Drawn Boy, The Smiths, Bowie, Oasis, Sonic Youth and a few things I hadnt listened to for ages - like the Stone Roses - so all in all its pretty cool and made for a half decent gym soundtrack.

So since my favourite Stone Roses track is stuck in my head and also the cause of a bit of a gym faux pas (as I started singing along (albeit quietly) while doing Lat Pulldowns), here is This is the One.

No comments: