Thursday, March 05, 2009

Elephants and Sundaes

I got my monthly update from Exodus gym today - all seems to be going well so far. It was just the month of February, so only covers my first two weeks but still made for hilarious reading.

It tells you how much you have lifted in total - 24,000kgs (obviously not at once) but they also translate that into an everyday object so apparently I have lifted the equivalent of 6.7 african elephants. I've also burned the equivalent calories of 10 chocolate ice cream sundaes... good to know I guess?

It is quite a cool system though. You have a pin/ID code that you log in at each machine, and it then tells you how many reps/sets you're supposed to do, at what weight and it also has your range of motion logged so you can't cheat and only do half a rep. You then get these updates emailed to you and the information is fed into the system for you and your trainer to check on.

So anyway thats enough of a plug for the gym.

Steps is still going well - Monday was 24,000, Tuesday 26,000 and Wednesday 24,000. Thursday is a bit down since I didnt get to do my lunchtime walk over Mt Vic and around Oriental Bay - but I should still make 20,000 all going well.

This week's total will get another boost too as I am now heading down to Marlborough Sounds... again, for a day trip with 3 other guys to walk a 23km section of Queen Charlotte track on Sunday. We're planning on starting at Camp Bay and walking to the Portage (to finish with a beer obviously).

Exciting huh?

No comments: