Sunday, July 02, 2006

Actually quite gutting

Well as a fella once said - its all over baby blue. Argentina are goneburger, but luckily England has too - so I havent lost too much face.

This is the first time I have closely followed a football world cup, I have watched parts of course before (watched Brazil kill Italy in the 94 final, and then France do the lord's work in 98, and "supported" Angus through his darkest hour in 02 etc). Normally football bores the piss out of me, and while yes some games achieved that this time around, for the first time I found myself caring about the outcome of games, supporting Argentina and Cote d'Ivoire (who I think could have made the 16 if they were in a different pool).

But now its basically over, I think Germany will probably be too strong from here, and while id like Portugal to play the final (I saw C Ronaldo while in Manchester - we have a connection) but I also think France will actually be too good - two weeks ago I would have laughed at that suggestion - but hey as I now know - thats football!

3 comments:

karen said...

yes, useless bloody England have gone... so now it is my turn to 'support' Gus through his darkest hour.

beetlebum said...

What I meant by support, was more laugh, mock, etc Im sure he appreciated it all the same.

gus said...

smell my cheese!