Monday, July 17, 2006

Catching up, putting your foot in it

Had an incredibly relaxing weekend, although was a little disapointed - I attempted to get out Do the Right Thing - Spike Lee's masterpiece, which the video store has "lost" so instead, I filled my "great black film" quota by watching Malcolm X instead (Spike Lee's other great film) which in my opinion is a stunning epic.

I spent Friday night catching up with Chris, Nath, Dan and Bridget, and then Saturday morning with Misty and the kids. I hadnt seen Nath in a year, and Dan in probably close to three years - if not longer! So it was fantastic to just talk shit like old times. Nobody has particularly changed - Dan trys to say he has, but just below the facade are the stories of getting in a fight at the railway station etc (whats new?). He also has a new tattoo - a star with bird wings with water spraying out making the word - "Savannah" his baby girl's name - who it must be said he adores.

Chris and Bridget have also decided on their suits/gowns etc for the wedding (which I finally remembered to get measured up for today). Fair to say my reaction to the silver waistcoats wasn't appreciated. You see one of my problems is that I have an opinion on most things, and tend to make said opinion known - which can of course rub people the wrong way.

Something to work on I guess!

Also you will remember in an earlier post, my rant about Sounds on Lambton Quay not being aware of EPs, let alone the Arctic Monkey's new release. Well guess what has arrived instore at Sounds today? Who the Fuck are the Artic Monkeys - thats what baby!Ahhh vindication!

No comments: