Sunday, July 01, 2007

Big things

Another NZ township is about to get one of those big things. This time its a blatant plug for the Simpson's Film - but hey I love these things all the same.

Springfield, about an hour from Christchurch is to get a huge donut which will be unveiled by Homer and Bart.

I think someone should pull together a NZ big things website and suggested driving tour to go around them all - my favourites are the big L&P bottle in Paeroa, the Carrot in Ohakune, the Kiwifruit in Te Puke and of course Mary in Paraparaumu.

Australia is bigger on big things than NZ (they have 146 of them!) - check out their site here or the wikipedia list of them here

3 comments:

tinks said...

Right. After a weekend in the provinces, I have photographic evidence of big cow in Hawera, big loaf of bread in Manaia, and big round of cheese in Eltham.
Now to build a website...

beetlebum said...

Go on my son!

tinks said...

Right-o then.
Up on mine - standalone blog some time soon...