Sunday, November 30, 2008

1005 reasons for a quiet Sunday

Yesterday the glorious Hobson St Posse spent its kitty of $1005 worth of Shepherds Arms bar tab vouchers - in one go.

We kicked the day off with brunch and a couple of rounds at the Arms before heading out to the Island Bay Bowling Club to break the day up.

Now what I havent mentioned is that on Friday night we had our work Christmas function at TSB Arena which was a belter - so my head was on the sore side and frankly I had no business being at a pub again on Saturday morning - let alone ordering $6.50 jugs of Macs at the Bowling Club (yes at those prices we are considering joining).

Then it was back to the Shepherds to polish off the remaining $700 - so we all went out of our way to order stuff that we hadn't had before - and I think we just about bought one of each menu item. After a substantial feed of mussels etc it was on to Long Island Ice Teas and other cocktails before I settled on Laphraoig single malt Whiskey.

I did walk home which managed to work off most of the effects - but it all caught up with me when I tried watching the All Blacks this morning with a massive headache.

The bartender, 'Ginga', challenged us to reach $1500 next year - so watch this space I guess.

No comments: