Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Review: Lord Don't Slow Me Down


Well I have literally just watched the New Zealand premiere of Oasis's doco - Lord Don't Slow Me Down, as part of C4's Music Doco series - The Cut.

It's not bad and serves as a reminder of how great they were and still are - at times.

Their career to date has been bookended by great albums, my opinions on their other content is well known so there is little point going on. But what I will say is that I still feel some kind of ownership of Oasis, so when I criticise them, its almost like arguing with your family.

There is little new in the film for fans of Oasis, and the doco Live Forever is far better in terms of examining their impact, but this is still fun. There isnt the wheels falling off of the Metallica/Dandy Warhols doco kind's (usual arguments are present of course!) but what stands out for are the live snippets of the Definitely Maybe back catalogue - best album ever!

If I was reviewing any other band's doco this would get a 3/5 but this is Oasis.....

****
(PS. Note my kick ass perspex christmas trees in the photo - my first decorations for years! Oh and on another note Ive sent cards out this year - another first!)
(PPS Yes Angus just like Return of the King..... before you Angus, before you.)

1 comment:

gus said...

and then andrew got a smack in the head for being a smart ass.

i would boast about having played PS3 first, but you dont care... seeing U2... not really meaning anything to you aye... hows about the fact I soaked myself in green tea yesterday at an onsen! got ya. you know you want to try the green tea goodness!!