Thursday, May 17, 2007

Front row baby


With all the Bain stuff and todays budget I forgot to talk about Dylan Moran.

I went along to Dylan Moran's stand up show at the St James on Tuesday night. For those who don't know him by name, Moran is 'Bernard' from the excellent BBC series Black Books.

It turns out Bernard isnt so much a character, but rather he is Moran - which made for a very funny evening.

I particularly liked his bit about quiting his job like a toddler would saying - "Im quiting because I hate you, and I I I hate your stapler and stuff" while kind of waving a stuffed toy elephant behind your back awkwardly.

Also his bit about Invercargill - "There's nothing there! Even the cows are queueing up to throw themselves off the cliff that isnt even there!"

But the kickest arseist bit had to be our seats - front row centre! He was litterally like 2 metres from us. Fantastic.

2 comments:

gus said...

two things.

first, you should have snuck a video... even if you were right in his face!

second, whats this "bloggers boycotting subway" nazi talk you've got going on?!

beetlebum said...

Yeah he might have noticed a tripod.

Nazi talk! Because Subway are nazi's! They sacked a worker for sharing a $4 coke (that she is entitled to free as an employee) with a friend who came into the store, and then to top that off they brought in police to have her charged with theft. If thats not shocking employee relations I dont know what is! Plus isnt $4 for a coke a rip off anyway? Let alone $10 or $11 for a filled roll.