Monday, December 17, 2007

With great Gusto

On the weekend I checked out Craft 2.0 over in the Hutt. I almost bought a pair of cufflinks - but credit-card guilt set in and I though better of it.

However, while over there we discovered a new (11 days old) brunch option - Gusto Bistro on Jackson St. I don't normally do the whole cafe review thing - but this was outstanding.

The coffee was fantastic - which for Petone is a big deal - I had the damn fine Eggs Benerizo with a Rosti, which was basically Eggs Benedict but with chorizo instead of ham, and a hash brown. The chorizo will blow your mind, and by all accounts the french toast was a taste sensation!

Its in an old dental chambers, but it looks more like an old bank, with wood panelled interiors. It seemed like a place that would be great for an evening meal too.

If I had a top 5 brunch spots (watch this space) this would make it. Check it out.

2 comments:

Martha Craig said...

We had dinner there on the 16th, and it was a complete triumph. Everyone loved the food, and I've decided to move in to their kitchen ;-)

beetlebum said...

Yes i must check out the evening menu. I dont often wax lyrical about cafes but it really was great.