Saturday, March 08, 2008

And I thought the buses were a hassle

Just got an email from an old colleague - you should be able to roughly guess where she's working. I'm yet to discover a 'red zone' in Wellington!

Definately not woollen jacket weather, especially with a couple of kilos in a huge kevlar heavy vest on (not made for breasts!).

Work is obscenely busy, but on the good side I get to go to all the meetings. And went to a really interesting meeting the other day (was the heir apparent to one of the biggest political and religious organisations) and we had the most amazing lunch - my plate was like a pyramid, I was stuffed to the brim and they kept on heaping on more and more food! And I don't think I've ever had better tasting roasted lamb before in my life! Anyway had to go and come back from the meeting through the red zone so it was pretty full-on loaded weapons huddled in a tin can army tank-vehicle packed with army boys, swerving around traffic and the entire time I was praying nothing was going to happen becuase I was so full I didn't know how I was going to run anywhere!

No comments: