Tuesday, January 23, 2007

His Masters Voice


This is the second attempt at blogging this - if it crashes again ill scream! (hence its post dated)

Anyway, on the weekend I picked up Oasis' best of collection - Stop the Clocks on LP from Real Groovy. At one stage in the late 90s I often bought my favourite albums on LP as well as CD - almost as some kind of mark of respect... well kind of I guess.

I wasn't going to buy Stop the Clocks - couldnt really see the point, although it did reinforce my point that Definitely Maybe is far and away Oasis' best work. I was a tad dirty about hearing that the new album due mid to late 07, will feature a song titled - Stop the Clocks, so I ask you why not feature that on the best of as the title track??

So picking this has inspired me to get back into vinyl. I was originally going to buy a kick ass red-retro turntable from Ikoiko, but then fiscal restraint got the better of me and I drove to Levin and knicked the old man's one instead!

The other great vinyl purchase of the weekend was an original Factory Records version of Joy Division's Love will tear us apart - nice! And for only $19, I cant help but think that whoever priced this didnt appreciate the importance of Joy Division and Factory in general, and if you dont - watch 24hr Party People - they invented raves basically, and taught white folk how to dance!


No comments: