Tuesday, February 27, 2007

And the winner is...

You will remember a month or so back I made my picks for the Oscars - so I know you're just wetting yourself in anticipation to know how it went - so here goes!

SCREENPLAY - ORIGINAL
Oscar - Little Miss Sunshine, My Pick - The Queen

CINEMATOGRAPHY
Oscar - Pans Labyrinth, My Pick - Pans Labyrinth

ANIMATED FEATURE
Oscar - Happy Feet, My Pick - Happy Feet

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
Oscar - The Lives of Others, My Pick - Pans Labyrinth

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
Oscar - An Inconvenient Truth, My Pick - An Inconvenient Truth (also won best song)

ACTRESS - SUPPORTING
Oscar - Jennifer Hudson, My Pick - Cate Blanchett (she was robbed! Although I had said I wanted Abigail Breslin to win)

ACTRESS - LEADING
Oscar - Helen Mirren, My Pick - Helen Mirren

ACTOR - SUPPORTING
Oscar - Alan Arkin, My Pick - Eddie Murphy (Although again I had said I wanted Arkin to win, I didnt think he would)

ACTOR - LEADING
Oscar - Forest Whitaker, My Pick - Forest Whitaker (incredible performance)

DIRECTING
Oscar - The Departed, My Pick - Babel

BEST PICTURE
Oscar - The Departed, My Pick - Babel (I had said I wanted Little Miss Sunshine, but thought Babel would win - wrong on both fronts!)

So 5 out of 11, frankly below par performance. Its interesting how a month ago when I made my picks, there was a lot of heat around Babel, but in the end it failed miserably! I guess like me, people were picking it before they had seen it! Basing their picks on all the talk and the cast.

3 comments:

heenhade said...

Not to worry I thought you did pretty well actually. I would give you an extra partial credit taking your mark to 5 1/2 which would be a pass. Well done son.

beetlebum said...

I... I just ff feel like I ive let eev everyone down!

heenhade said...

Stop it!! I won't hear it!! You did very well and I am very proud of you.