Thursday, February 22, 2007

Together we can rebuild our lives


Today I got free art! Im just not sure whether to put it up at home or in my office.

In 2005 Artspace in Auckland ran an exhibition called "Free NZ Art" it essentially was stacks of posters of new works by contemporary artists including Gordon Walters, John Reynolds, et al among others.

From this collection I already had Dane Mitchell's "Bubblewrap" (which is a photo of bubblewrap), but now I also have Yvonne Todd's "Together" (pictured).

I love the ambiguity of it - there is something almost dark or sinister about it, dont you think?

Im thinking I will put it up at home, and then try to get the Reynolds one for my office - which has the text - "What Kierkegaard said about God - applies to politics too: whatever we think, we are bound, in the end, to be wrong." Which I think will suit my office.

5 comments:

karen said...

it looks like a womens refuge ad to me... it's really art?

beetlebum said...

Oh! Yes, Yvonne Todd - she's a photographer - www.evron.com

heenhade said...

They look a bit suspect to me. Somthing kind of impish about them.

tinks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gus said...

hang about... comment deleted?! I'm rather curious!