Saturday, May 24, 2008

Knowledge was their treasure

Yeah we laughed too.

I went and saw Indiana Jones and the Skull or whatever it is. It's a good watch but naturally falls short of Raiders of the Lost Ark and my personal favourite - Temple of Doom.

The action sequences are great as you would expect and Harrison Ford is actually pretty convincing despite his years, but the story relies on you being willing to kind of go along with it in parts and some of the dialogue (note the title) was just corny.

Cate Blanchett was back to her rubbish best and was like something out of a panto and there was a weird nod to Marlon Brando in The Wild One with the entry of Shia LeBeouf's character.

But hey for what it is, it's pretty cool and worth checking out. I'd give it a solid 3/5 - not as great as the earlier ones, but not as rubbish as it could have been - its kind of like the Indy Revenge of the Sith.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just did a google search for "knowledge was their treasure" hoping to get the exact wording of the full quote ("... and their treasure was knowledge?") and this blog was the first thing that came up ... it makes me happy to know someone else thought this line was as absurd as I did!

-Chas

beetlebum said...

Yeah, I was with a group of people and the whole lot of us laughed at that line.