Friday, May 23, 2008

You abide too??

We were having a fairly ordinary discussion on the political polls this morning following yesterdays Budget and I said something like - Yeah but Labour still need to get 10 points from somewhere - to which one of my colleagues replied: You want 10 points? Oh I can get you 10 points. There are ways.

I then gave a knowing nod, laughed and said: I can get you 10 points, you don't wanna know about it, believe me. There are ways. I can get you 10 points by 3 o'clock this afternoon.

As you can tell I had found a brother seamus and fellow fan of the Big Lebowski and so we spent the rest of the day quoting almost whole scenes. Classic.

For those who don't remember the bit - here is the actual quote from when the Dude and Walter cause a scene in the diner.

Walter Sobchak: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.
The Dude: Yeah, but Walter...
Walter Sobchak: Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These fucking amateurs...

No comments: