Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Burnt

I had a really good feeling about the Socceroo's, there was a romantic quality to their story - having the curse lifted by John Safran (i kid you not), actually making it to the round of 16 from a pool - in which to be fair they shouldnt have won a game, and going up against a thus-far woeful Italian team.

But my gut feeling has let me down for the first time in this virtual comp. I scored 0 this morning - zip, nada, nothing. And I blame Australia, and its people. Well them and the Swiss (I should have known better than to back that crowd - get off the fence! Nazis)

On the bright side, I still lead Angus (or "Cosby"as he likes to call himself - I know WTF?) by 20 points, Nath has now passed me, but considering he always beats me at these things - I can handle that, also Karen has extended her lead - but I just take comfort in the fact that she too is beating Angus.

Spain play France tomorrow and Brazil play Ghana. Hopefully I can pick up at least some points there!

PS. How much did England miss Peter Crouch and his wicked robot dance???

2 comments:

gus said...

I know how you feel. Backing Japan was the most foolish thing I did all tournament... oh that and buying into the hype that the US may actually be good... what a fucking idiot I was.

Still, I caught up 10 points on you last night. Don't fuck up again tonight Andrew cause you know I'll be there picking at the scraps

beetlebum said...

Ive gone reasonably safe with my picks for tonight - so fingers crossed. It was pretty frustrating though knowing I had pretty much just caught up to Karen.