Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Plastic Surgery

Well today I checked into my second bout of cosmetic surgery.

Now that everyone's either saying "Oh My Gawd!" or "Mmmm Yeah its about time" - ill explain. I went in to have a sty removed from under my eye - which you had probably noticed, and were just too polite to say anything. Only thing it turns out it wasn't a sty after all, it was a cyst.

So anyway my Plastic Surgeon - Mr Adams, injected a local anaesthetic into my lower eyelid in three places. This stung. Three times. Then using a scalpel, cuts it off, stiches my eyelid back together and we're done. All up it took half an hour.

Only slight issue (which they explained would happen in advance) is that I now have a black eye. When they told me it would happen - I said "fantastic, that'll do my street cred wonders".

So yeah im well hard. As I said to one of my colleagues when he said "What does the guy look like? ha ha" - Watch it son.

PS Whats my other bout of cosmetic surgery you ask? I was counting braces on my teeth! which is technically cosmetic surgery - just makes that opening line a little more shocking!

2 comments:

Harry said...

Sounds interesting... if a little painful. Someone I know had a similar operation.

Geoffrey Lelia said...

Hmm, technically, braces are used in orthodontics. Some people may have mistaken it as part of cosmetic surgery since the designs of braces make a person more beautiful. Well, it really depends if the braces match with the beauty of a person.