Saturday, June 10, 2006

There's a World Cup on?

This years FIFA World Cup has actually got me quite excited, I got up this morning and watched both games - in full.

After that - and seeing that I was beating Angus "i couldnt pick a winner to save myself" white in the virtual, I thought I would go and buy a football shirt - to show my colours and all that.

Of course I used to own a Nederland shirt, which got stolen because Chris left the window open - if he had've closed the window of course, I wouldnt have needed to go buying today.

I stupidly thought that since the World Cup at just started that Rebel and Lifestyle etc would have shirts all over the show.... apparently not. Youre in luck if you support Brazil or England... anyone else - forget it!

There were a lot of All White shirts about too - which I guess is a pretty good thing, if only the Knights/Kingz werent so hopeless, football could actually grab this current momentum.

Btw I was of course looking specifically for Cote d'Ivoire - but considering that was unlikely, I had Portugal, Spain and Nederland again in mind.

UPDATE: My Rebel Sport contact (Boyo) tells me theyre slack and dont really do team shirts anymore. So ill have to turn to the internet. Also while chatting we discussed the football - how; boring England was/exciting argentina was/innevitable a brazil win is..... and also the looks on Angus and hamish's faces when theyre knocked out.... again.

4 comments:

karen said...

you may be beating Angus, but who is beating you Andrew? Haha!!

gus said...

typical andrew. is ahead by a point but makes everyone think he has it in the bag. bring it.

beetlebum said...

Did England score a goal?

karen said...

touche andrew