Friday, June 02, 2006

Ridiculous

I wasnt gonna blog about this - but its got out of control! In case you hadnt caught up - a couple of Hurricanes got into a bit of strife after the Super 14 final.

Basically Canes flanker, Chris Masoe tripped over a guys leg at a bar after the game, thought the guy stuck his leg out - so he punched him. Tana Umaga grabbed Masoe, pulled him aside then while berating him, grabbed the closest object he could find - a womans hand bag which he repeatedly belted Masoe with. Reportedly Masoe then cried.

As it turns it turns out the mobile phone which was in the bag got broken, which Tana has paid for, and Masoe was fined $3000.

Now, the owner of the bag, bless her, has put the bag on Trade Me. They are keeping an eye on it, and removing daft bids (it got as high as $100million). I was shocked when the proper bids went past $2000, but at the time of blogging, its just on $55 000!

Apparently this is a genuine bid - Who the fuck would pay that??

I wouldnt pay more than $50 for that.

Somethings I just dont get!

PS in the three lines since I wrote 55 000, it has now got to $61 000!

2 comments:

karen said...

that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Please tell me that these bets for the auctions are coming from overseas and that new zealanders are really not as dumb as that?!

beetlebum said...

nope - good old kiwis

I see someone has gone spaz again and chucked up "funny" bids - its over $100 million again.