Sunday, August 03, 2008

Satisfaction

I've just got in from a bit of a boys night down at my old work place. It was fair to say I was tempting fate to spend the evening watching the Bledisloe Cup with a bunch of Australians on their territory.

But god damn - you can't match the satisfaction of a 39-10 victory. Naturally I was very sporting... ok I did start chanting - "Are you England? Are you England? Are You England in disguise?" But other than that... well ok there was the attempted flag raising.. but other than that I was a good sport.

Anyway it was a great fight back from the All Blacks tonight - one of the best performances I can remember - right up there with Wellington in 1996, Sydney in 2000, Paris in 2004, Wellington in 2005 and Lyon in 2006. Hopefully this will ease some of the pathetic-media's attention on Henry and put some heat on their golden boy. The only thing more satisfying than an amazing victory against all odds is being able to savour it with the enemy!

No comments: